Round the world Blog Hop..

I been nominated by Linda Steele http://lindasteelequilts.blogspot.com.au/ -  an award winning crazy quilter - to participate in The Round the World Blog Hop.

There are a few questions that we have to answer so people can find out a more about us.

1. What Quilting/Sewing things am I working on?

Well, I suppose like all quilters, I am working on a few things at once. But, crazy quilting is my first love - so, here is a photo of my latest project.


2. How does my work differ from those of it's genre?

Now this is an interesting question. By its nature crazy quilting is unique to its maker so mine is different because of my influences, my stitch fingerprint, my choice of colours etc. Every crazy quilt is unique.
I was fortunate to grow up in South Africa - a country full of vibrancy and colour.
I am heavily influenced by the Indian community in Natal. Oh my gosh, the colour, the bling, the food and the elegance of a woman in a Sari - glorious!


The Zulu beadwork of Natal too, is one my influences. I love the clean lines and power of  their beadwork - vibrant, strong and uncluttered.


One of my classes I teach - a little 6" square sampler class.


Feather stitch - my favourite!


3. Why do I create what I do?

Crazy quilting combines all that I love: hand work, embroidery, beading, colour, whimsy, self expression. To top it off, its a little self indulgent with no function at all, other than to be beautiful and a little intriguing!



4. How does my creating process work?

To be honest, I don't have a process. I work in a terribly messy way and will work with any fabric that take my fancy from doillies........


...................to wool...................


...................to all things shiny.................


But what I love most to do is to teach. The many women I have met over the years and the work they create is truly inspiring.

 
 
Enough about me!
I have nominated three very talented embroiders.
 
Allie Allers http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.com.au/- needs no introduction. Allie (USA) is an award winning quilter, author, Cratsy teacher and, by the looks of it, an amazing vegetable grower.
 
Sara Whittle -http://sarahwhittle.blogspot.com.au/ - a contemporary embroidery artist and author from the UK. Sara's work is truly inspiring.
 
Rengin's colors -http://renginscolors.blogspot.com.au/ Rengin's work is so very, very beautiful.
 
Jenny.
xx
 

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed learning more about your inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jenny,
    Thanks you so much for nominating me, it is my pleasure indeed.
    Happy stitching,
    Rengin, in Istanbul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I loved seeing your images and learning more about you too. I'll be very happy to participate...see you in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts