Getting organised - crazy quilting ...........

The last 7 months have been "crazy" in more ways than one - deadlines, classes, trunk shows  etc. - all very exciting!!

I absolutely love teaching but I also find it quite hard to say goodbye. Some of my students have been coming to my classes for years - and, while I am fortunate to have 99% sign on again for this year - I have said goodbye to one or two students/friends that I have been teaching for 7 years!
Sadly, my time with the Fat Quarters in Maleny, has also come to an end . I was booked to teach a 6 month workshop and ended up teaching them for most of last year! Thankfully, a few of the lovely "Fat Quarters" are joining me at Maleny Magic where  I will be teaching 3 new classes.
 

My sewing room has been a tip for the 7 months and although I love working in a mess - I feel I need to give it a spring-clean for a fresh start.


We were soooooooo fortunate to have our children home for many weeks over the Christmas holidays - but I still needed to reach deadlines while they were here - which was not ideal.


I absolutely love swimming in the sea - and try and swim most days (regardless of the season or weather) and now I will be able to get back into that routine.


So, I have decided to chill and do a few of my favourite things eg. I just love to hand quilt. I taught my son's girlfriend English Paper Piecing (another of my favourite things). I got to hand quilt if for her once she had completed the top - I realised then just how much I have missed it.

Like most of you I have so many UFO's and that is on my agenda too - to get them done!!! This easy quilt was made about 6 years ago!!


I must have been a good girl because Santa gave me this camera - I have no idea how to use it but I have signed on to do a photography course next weekend.


It feels good to have time to breathe and work on some new ideas for my classes.

 
And spent more time posting all the beautiful work my students create.
 
Jenny
XXXX
 

Comments

Popular Posts