Hexies, scrap quilts and crazy quilting...................

I have been quilting for about thirty years - and one of my favourite quilts to make are scraps quilts - and mostly I piece them by hand. I decided to empty my scrap basket a few years ago (some of the fabrics were about 25 years old!! and I suppose I should have just dumped them but no..................) so I made this HST quilt ......which I still have to hand quilt.


BUT I had so many HST left over - so I decided to EPP them turning them into hexagons (my absolute favourite quilt designs).


Its coming along quite nicely.....................


And I know many of the fabrics are very ugly but I am liking how it is turning out.


Back to crazy quilting -
I am always fascinated by people's stuff and how they store it!!


Beads ............


Deb joined my new workshops in Caboolture and seemed to take to crazy like a duck to water.


She is now coming to one of my classes at the Patchwork Angle too. We have time now to add the little extras that make crazy, well, crazy.


Herringbone...........


herringbone..........


and more herringbone - and they all look so different.  Good work, Deb.


Another Debbie in my Patchwork Angle class has been with me for so long now.
Her work is always interesting.


Detailed but not fussy - which I like.


Zigzag chain stitch and silk ribbon embroidery.

 
Thank you Deb and Debbie for allowing me to share your work.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular Posts