Relaxation techniques and crazy quilting "virgins"

I am flat out teaching at the moment...................


which is lovely and I am not complaining .....................but I do find it hard to relax and switch off............


I find English paper piecing very relaxing - I have done EPP for 30 years and most of my "sane" quilts are hand pieced. So I am mindlessly working through my scrap Aunt Grace basket and turning them into all manner of shapes and sizes.


Without sounding crass, I LOVE crazy quilting virgins and particularly embroidery virgins - my eyes light up and I get excited. Beginners have no muscle memory, so I don't have to undo all the tiny, perfect stitches that they have been taught by strict teachers etc. I find virgins to be experimental and take to doing the bigger stitches with ease.
Liz is my latest virgin at the Patchwork Angel. Liz is a sewer - a very good one, she has made bridal gowns for years, so the piecing of the crazy block was no problem at all.


I lent a hand with her colour choice of threads, silk ribbon and sequins. "Colour Streams" makes colour choice so easy.


Talking of colour!


Michelle M is all about her orange and black and red................


Michelle was just a little bit of a virgin.................


But.....................she is loving all things crazy...........


And she has taken to it like a duck to water.........................


Not only that, she is great to have in a class - funny, cheeky and slightly irreverent - LOVE it.

Thanks for allowing me to share your work.
Jenny
xx

Comments

Popular Posts